Chorleywood based charity FOPS (Friends of Prostate Sufferers) and friends are in full fund-raising mode this month as they join the nationwide annual Movember campaign for raising awareness of men’s health, especially prostate and testicular cancer.
A night of song and camaraderie is to be held at Rootz on Friday 10 November with music by Mick Flinn and Donna Jones and an open mic session hosted by Paul Jones. Book on 01923 285304
FOPS, founded by Bob Arthy and Jim Spence, provide all year round help for prostate cancer sufferers and families in the Chorleywood area. The group…
* Encourages males to get a PSA test
* Presents annual roadshows where leading urologists talk, hold Q&A sessions and offer on site blood tests and counseling.
* Holds monthly Support Groups hosted by Gabrielle and Dennis Goffin in an enjoyable sociable environment.
* Runs regular fund raising events including concerts and dinners
The group were recently saddened by the loss of Australia’s ‘First Lady of Jazz, Janet Seidel, 62, to cancer in August. Janet with brother David and partner Chuck Morgan, had played three? jazz FOPS events.
* Teams up with nationwide men’s health charities Movember and Tackle to spread the message further
Anyone interested in FOPS is welcome to join the dinner at The Bedford Arms on 18 Nov