Top summer feet tips from Julia Adam of Feet Treat and Hitesh Dodhia of Parade Pharmacy
* Moisturise feet to a deep level avoiding using any creams between the toes
* Look for foot creams and heel balms containing urea that softens thick skin
* If shoes rub bare feet try Sorbothane heel pads for shock absorption
* Tea tree oil and peppermint oil soothe swollen and achy feet by relieving pain and itching – add a few drops to a foot bath.
* Change summer shoes regularly. Flat pumps give no support – pressure on the big toe joint can cause long term problems. Canvas shoes can cause odour and fungal infections while overdoing flip flops can lead to cracked heels
* Diabetes sufferers should have their feet examined regularly.
* Wear comfy shoes. Skechers Go Walk trainers suit all ages. Light, cushioned and easy to pull-on, they are made of breathable mesh and the tapered design gives good arch support.